Being on the Bryn Mawr Bulletin

I keep getting calls and texts from people who saw the new Bryn Mawr bulletin saying I’m on the cover. It’s somehow embarrassing and cool at the same time.

The bulletin features “Posse Power”; centering the stories of Bryn Mawr’s STEM posse. I remember getting a phone call from someone working on this story asking me to talk about my posse and my experience at Bryn Mawr. I talked about my sister coming to Bryn Mawr with Posse in 2009, me following in her footsteps, how different it is being in STEM, and what Posse means to me. A week later, my entire posse and I are at the admissions office having a real photo shoot. I was expecting us to sit in our regular weekly posse meetings and have an old camera take a few pictures of us. But, I walked into an entire studio equipment. Photo shoots are much more awkward and uncomfortable than I thought they would be! (I don’t know how models do it).

Just last week I get a text from sister telling me to watch her instagram story and I see her freaking out over me being in the cover of the new bulletin. She definitely got way too excited about it. But it’s cool to have Posse featured by Bryn Mawr and to have our stories being told! I am eternally grateful for Posse and everything that is does for us.